15 September 2008

Music Post

My roommate K (soon to be former roommate) just requested that I post about my recently acquired music.  Probably so that she can steal it from me later.  I will post acquired albums and if I'm particularly bored possibly even write a few comments about them.  Today's post will be quite long because I just got a bunch of stuff from I, the co-DJ of my radio show.  So here it is - my recently added list.
  • 31Knots - Worried Well: eh...
  • Alias - Resurgam
  • Azeda Booth - In Flesh Tones: this sounds like a female vocalist, but the band is actually all men.  Smooth and pretty.
  • Black Kids - Partie Traumatic
  • The Cave Singers - Invitation Songs
  • CSS - Donkey: more consistent overall, I think, than in the past, but no stand-out songs like their classic "Let's Make Love..."
  • Daedelus - Love to Make Music To: I really like the song Fair Weather Friends.  Not sure about the rest.
  • Dr. Dog - Fate
  • The Duke Spirit - Neptune
  • Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes: Tiger Mountain Peasant Song makes me want to cry...in a nice way
  • Horse Feathers - Words are Dead & House with No Home: beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.
  • Lackthereof - Your Anchor: one of the guys from Menomena - I like it so far
  • Lykke Li - Youth Novels: oh, sweet Swedish pop, I do love you
  • The New Year - The New Year
  • Conor Oberst - Conor Oberst: so far - I am reminded of the fact that I don't really like Bright Eyes
  • Okkervil River - The Stand-Ins: album was so-so until I saw them live.  Now it is fabulous.
  • One for the Team - Build it Up
  • The Shaky Hands - Lunglight
  • She Keeps Bees - Nests: sounds like PJ Harvey/Cat Power.  Which means I think it is ok, but others may really like it.
  • Silver Jews - American Water: the lead singer's voice reminds me of Stephen Malkmus, but not as good.
  • Talkdemonic - Eyes at Half Mast
  • The Ting Tings - We Started Nothing
  • The Uglysuit - The Uglysuit
  • The Walkmen - a bunch of albums: not sure I'm sold on them yet
  • The Wedding Present - El Rey: not sure I like them so far - deleted...

No comments: