20 September 2008

Music Post #3

This one is not about recently obtained music, but party playlists. We had a going-away party for K tonight. She has relied on me for party mixes for the past 2 years. It's always tricky to time the music when it's not live, but I think after enough parties, I have gotten to a point where they turn out pretty successful - success measured by the number of people dancing - and then not leaving because the next song is too good to leave. So here was tonight's playlist. Note that I went back and re-played the 80s/90s mix that appears in the middle once people had been motivated to dance by the hip-hop. I never want to break the hip-hop out too early, but it always ends up being the music that motivates people to start dancing. So here's the list:
  • Ratatat - Wildcat
  • Say Hi - Northwestern Girls
  • Islands - Where There's a Will There's a Way
  • Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Gold Lion
  • Feist - 1234
  • Pixies - Debaser
  • Daedelus - Fair Weather Friends
  • The Ting Tings - Great DJ
  • Hot Chip - Over & Over
  • The Gossip - Standing in the Way of Control
  • Junior Boys - In the Morning
  • of Montreal - Id Engager
  • Fujiya & Miyagi - Collarbone
  • The Outfield - Your Love
  • Erasure - A Little Respect
  • Cansei de Ser Sexy - Let's Make Love and Listen to Death from Above
  • Justice - D.A.N.C.E.
  • Daft Punk - Around the World/Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
  • The Knife - Heartbeats
  • MGMT - Kids
  • Blur - Girls & Boys
  • EMF - Unbelievable
  • Estelle - American Boy (Feat. Kanye West)
  • Akon - Wanna Be Startin Something
  • Ace of Base - I Saw the Sign
  • B-52s - Love Shack
  • Salt-N-Pepa - Shoop
  • Paula Abdul - Straight Up
  • Cardigans - Love Fool
  • Bell Biv Devoe - That Girl is Poison
  • The Darkness - I Believe in a Thing Called Love
  • Young MC - Bust a Move
  • Ace of Base - Beautiful Life
  • Deelite - Groove is in the Heart
  • Architecture in Helsinki - Debbie
  • Usher - Love in this Club
  • Lil Jon and the Eastside Boys - Get Low (Feat. Ying Yang Twins)
  • Ciara - 1 2 Step (Feat. Missy)
  • Sir Mix-A-Lot - Jump on It
  • Eric Prydz - Call on Me
  • Girl Talk - Play Your Part (Pt. 1)
  • Outkast - Hey Ya
  • Black Eyed Peas - My Humps
  • Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
  • Justin Timberlake - My Love
  • Jay Z - I Just Wanna Love Ya
  • Enrique Iglesias - Don't Turn Off the Lights (um, this one was due to an earlier conversation between roommates)
  • Wyclef Jean - Sweetest Girl (Dollar Bill)
  • Usher - Yeah (Feat. Lil Jon & Ludacris)
  • Kanye West - Stronger
  • Nelly Furtado & Timbaland - Promiscuous
  • Timbaland - Give it to Me
  • Britney Spears - Toxic
  • 50 Cent - In Da Club
  • Timbaland - The Way I Are
  • 50 Cent - Ayo Technology (Feat. Justin Timberlake & Timbaland)
  • Destiny's Child - Say My Name
  • Juvenile - Back that Ass Up
  • Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc.
  • Groove Armada - I See You Baby
  • Biz Markie - Just a Friend
  • Beck - E-Pro
  • The Notorious B.I.G. - Hypnotize
  • The Roots - The Seed (2.0)
  • Black Eyed Peas - The Request Line (Feat. Macy Gray)
  • Bananarama - Venus

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Good to know. Not that I'm hosting any parties, but I can shake it while I put away the dishes, right?