18 September 2008

Music Post #2

More recently acquired music - comments/brief reviews to be added as I get through listening to everything:
  • Calexico - Carried to Dust
  • Department of Eagles - In Ear Park
  • El Guincho - Alegranza!: Too salsa-y or something.  I deleted it...
  • Eskimo and Sons - How Does it Feel to be Crushed by One Man with the Strength of a Million: perhaps one of the longest album titles ever - so far it's soft and sweet and totally my style pretty bedroom pop - also, where was that term coined?  bedroom pop?  it fits, though.  and this is it.
  • Fast Computers - Heart Geometry: nice pop/electro group from Portland, pretty easy to get into
  • Philip Glass - Koyaanisqatsi: this does not need a new review, as I already know it from the movie...and I think it is beautiful
  • Glass Candy - B/E/A/T/B/O/X: ok, I only have 3 songs...good and dancey so far
  • The Helio Sequence - Com Plex
  • of Montreal - Skeletal Lamping: advanced copy - it doesn't come out til October 23, although the official release comes with fun things like t-shirts!  yay!
  • Oxford Collapse - Bits: this is, as predicted, not my style...deleted...
  • Plants and Animals - Parc Avenue: the spelling of Parc makes me think of my friends who spell their names Marc - I really love this album so far.  Full sound, strings, harmonies, etc.
  • Radiohead - Outside Lands live recording: it is what it is, so of course, I love it.
  • Stars - Sad Robots EP: I didn't like their last LP, but this is back to their usual good dancey pop with the pretty Amy Millan vocals I loved from their earlier stuff
  • Stereolab - Chemical Chords
  • Tokyo Police Club - Elephant Shell

3 comments:

Chuck said...

First, I described E&S as: "Tweecore bedroom indie chamber-pop with a side of R&B." Do you think that fits?

Second, you did not get Glass Candy's full album of B/E/A/T/B/O/X, only like 3 songs from that album. The other Glass Candy tracks I have is off the After Dark compilation.

cb said...

I think that fits, and maybe I subconsciously stole bedroom pop from you?

And damn about the Glass Candy. I thought I had the whole thing - obviously I didn't look...and haven't listened yet.

cheesenuggett said...

who caaaares how you 'describe' an album.