22 September 2008

Music Post #4

More new music.  I think listening to new music needs to be my full-time job.  How does one get paid for that and not have to write music reviews?  Hmm...
  • Brightback Morning Light - Motion to Rejoin
  • The Broken West - Now or Heaven
  • Kimya Dawson - Alphabutt: kids album where B is for butt and F is for fart - edit: the song Alphabutt is my kind of music - the rest of the CD is too child-ish - maybe it would different if I had kids, although I'm not sure I'd want them singing along to some of it...
  • Ani DiFranco - Red Letter Year: eh.  I deleted it.
  • Margot and the Nuclear So-and-Sos - The Daytrotter Sessions EP
  • Parenthetical Girls - Entanglements
  • Starfucker - Starfucker
  • TV on the Radio - Dear Science: so far it lives up to the internet hype...

6 comments:

Chuck said...

Two things:

1) I require Starfucker and Parenthetical Girls albums. Saw both in concert but their new albums weren't ready for purchase.

2) Finding it kind of weird you don't put people's names in your blog entries. It's not like a blog is a nationwide TV show like Cops. You don't have to blur out faces. Leaving out names is making your entries impersonal, like you're writing your blog as letters to the government.

cb said...

I couldn't decide what to do about names. I don't use my own name on this because I want to be able to write anything, and my professional life does not always mingle well with my personal life. So then when it came to friend's names - I would be fine for the most part just using first names, but it seemed kinda unfair for me to write other people's names without their permission when I'm not even using my own. Does that make sense?

And as for your other comment - I require the new Jenny Lewis. Any access to that one, Chuck?

cb said...

also - you don't put names in your blog. Andrew was your roommate/therapist...

cb said...

Grr, I can't decide what to do - how to make it anonymous, but yet not anonymous. I thought I might do initials, but that seems weird. I can just do names, but I still feel like this anonymous person not providing others with the same anonymity. Granted, I would only use first names, but I'm still a little torn. I know a whole lot of psychologists, so it becomes a little tricky...

Chuck said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Chuck said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.