23 April 2009

Music

Maybe this is easier one at a time... Basically, I've been working with my iTunes on shuffle. Songs catch my attention for two reasons: I think, "oh wow, I love this" or of course, "oh wow, next song please..." So yesterday it was Starfucker with the former thought. Today it is The Thermals with the latter.
  • The Thermals - Now We Can See: People seem to love this band. A friend of mine couldn't wait to get his hands on this new album. So when it showed up in the radio station, I figured I should give it a shot. Then I remembered the time this same friend talked me into seeing them live when they were in town. On both occasions I was sorely disappointed. I think my problem is this: Wikipedia's entry on the band calls them "indie/alternative/post-pop-punk rock band." I like indie. I like alternative. Whatever post-pop-punk is...I am pretty sure I hate. It sounds like whiny ska/punk, on the verge of Blink 182 for some reason. I'm sure people will disagree with that statement, especially since they have such a strong following, but man...I haven't made it through a single song yet.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

I love you and I absolutely agree 110%. I have tried so hard to love, even like, this band, and well... I just can't do it. They're not good. Maybe even kind of bad. There, I said it. They're bad.