22 April 2009

Music

If your hands are on the wrong keys, "music" comes out like "nysuc." And after that random piece of information - this is going to be a short music entry. I have a bunch of stuff I've been listening to that I could talk about, but not a lot of time. This album, though, is too good to not mention.
  • Starfucker - Jupiter: I loved their album from last year. I love that they are still small enough that they are playing my campus radio station's birthday party this year. This album has a cover of "Girls Just Want To Have Fun" that just makes me smile. It's a perfect mix of electronic and good vocals and energy and the occasional hand-clap. I could give some standout tracks, but I really like all of them. It's in stores in May - but you can get it online now.

3 comments:

Kate said...

How are they referred to on the radio so as not to upset the FCC?

cb said...

Good question. I have to say "StarFer" and then explain that if you Google or iTunes search that you won't find them, as the name actually contains the F-word in it... So that part is pretty annoying.

Also, imagine me telling my mom what concert I'm going to see...

Cayle said...

i totally agree. I am loving this band. And my roommates bf lives with a band member. Yay Portland Bands!