27 January 2010

Sometimes Pitchfork is right

In this case, they are correct in labeling this news story as "WTF." Susan Sarandon joined of Montreal on stage to spank men dressed as pigs and throw streamers into the audience. I heard she recently broke up with (former) life parter Tim Robbins. Either this is part of a life crisis she is going through, or she is amazing, and it's Tim Robbins's big time loss.

Also on the same Pitchfork news post is Solange (Beyonce's sister) singing with them on a Jackson 5 cover. Supposedly she sings on the new album, too. Sort of an odd mix, to me, but Kevin Barnes is just constantly trying to outdo whatever he did last time. So I guess while it is in fact deservedly tagged "WTF," that's also expected from this band... And most of the time I end up loving them for it.

Finally - Kevin Barnes with beard also throws me. When I think of his glam costumes and rocker-style combover (comb-forward?), the beard doesn't quite fit.

No comments: