17 January 2010

LA Stereotypes - in the flesh

I was at LAX the other day waiting to board my flight, and I sat next to the girl everyone hates about LA. Interestingly, she was actually only in town to visit her boyfriend. She is not from LA. More evidence that people's LA biases are not always accurate.

Anyway, this girl was on the phone with her boyfriend when I sat down. I made it in time for this part of the conversation: "No, I love YOU more. No, I love YOUR family more!"

Then I noticed her hair. It was pulled back into a messy ponytail. Dyed blonde, of course. And then...I saw...hair extensions. Not just the presence of hair extensions, but I could clearly the see the portion of the side of her head where fake hair had been woven in and attached to her real hair. This part.

So she finished her lovey dovey conversation with the boyfriend and immediately makes another phone call. This one to a friend who is also a friend of the boyfriend. Here are a few great quotes from that phone call:
  • You and me are good friends, so I value your advice.
  • He only treats me right when he's drunk or taking pills...but I shouldn't break up with him, right?
  • I came out to visit him, and he stayed on the couch and did nothing the whole time.
  • (Re: BF's date to a NYE party that she could not attend) Is she pretty? Is she prettier than me? Tell me the truth...
  • Did he lose his job? Cause the whole time I was there he was just on the couch and didn't go to work once.
  • (Pleading with friend to stay on the phone) One more question - does he think I'm crazy/psycho because I got his phone and texted that girl not to text him anymore?
So she's in such a good relationship that she's not sure if he has a job or not - and doesn't want to ask him directly. But she shouldn't break up with him, right? And they clearly really really love each other...

2 comments:

nicole said...

SERIOUSLY??????? that is hilarious. and sad.

E said...

LOVE IT!