03 January 2010

Music

Just listened to a couple of new albums, although I've been spending a lot of time lately revisiting old stuff. That's the problem with new music. There is so much of it, that it leaves little time to listen to really great stuff from years ago and still be up on all the new...

Well, here is a new and a new-to-me:

  • Alec Ounsworth - Mo Beauty: Lead singer of Clap Your Hands Say Yeah! goes solo. Nothing stands out as ridiculously amazing so far, but it's nice, and I'm a sucker for odd-sounding voices, which is why I like the CYHSY stuff in the first place.
  • The Submarines - Honeysuckle Weeks: This came out in 2008, but I just got it a few weeks ago. This is a husband/wife duo that writes pretty indie pop. Her voice has been compared to the lead singer of The Cardigans and to Lily Allen. I think I can hear some of that in certain songs. And of course there are the male/female harmonies that remind me of Mates of State, etc.

No comments: