30 July 2009

Party Music

Last summer, I posted a dance party playlist that had been evolving for a number of years. It continues to evolve. But tomorrow night, I am having a non-dance party. Well, I can't really make any promises. If too many alcoholic beverages are consumed, you never know what could happen. BUT I'm not planning on it. This is more of a chill, happy hour sort of party. Just because it's not dance music, though, doesn't mean I want boring music. Sure most of it will go unnoticed, but song-picking is what I like to do... So I used this as a chance to make a 3+ hour playlist that is a mix between upbeat stuff I might play at the start of a dance party and my usual radio playlist. I miss my radio shows, so making this list was fulfilling in some ways.

I decided to post the playlist since I can't pass on my music choices via radio anymore.

1. Jenny Owen Youngs - If I Didn't Know
2. Regina Spektor - Eet
3. Andrew Bird - Ten-You-Us
4. Bowerbirds - Northern Lights
5. Eskimo And Sons - No Shit
6. Here We Go Magic - Fangela
7. Harlem Shakes - Winter Water
8. Palomar - Bury Me Closer
9. Beck - Walls
10. Blur - Coffee & TV
11. Talking Heads - (Nothing But) Flowers
12. Coconut Records - Wires
13. Boy Least Likely To - Faith (Cover)
14. Fol Chen - Please John, You're Killing Me
15. Metric - Sick Muse
16. Beirut - My Night with the Prostitute From Marseille
17. Ladyhawke - Magic
18. Ladytron - Burning Up
19. School of Seven Bells - Iamundernodisguise
20. Jonathan Johansson - En Hand I Himlen
21. Self - Pattycake
22. Lykke Li - Little Bit
23. Thao & The Get Down Stay Down - Swimming Pools
24. Feist - 1234
25. Yeasayer - Tightrope
26. The Arcade Fire - Rebellion (Lies)
27. Wilco - Heave Metal Drummer
28. James - Laid
29. Delta Spirit - People C'mon
30. Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros - 40 Day Dream
31. David Bowie - Queen Bitch
32. Wolf Parade - Dear Sons and Daughters of Hungry Ghosts
33. Handsome Furs - Legal Tender
34. Mates of State - For the Actor
35. A.C. Newman - Like A Hitman, Like A Dancer
36. Franz Ferdinand - No You Girls
37. Phoenix - 1901
38. MGMT - Kids
39. Hot Chip - Over and Over
40. Junior Boys - In the Morning
41. The Knife - Heartbeats
42. Gossip - Heavy Cross
43. Florence and The Machine - Rabbit Heart (Raise it Up)
44. TV On The Radio - Golden Age
45. Passion Pit - Cuddle Fuddle
46. The Bird & The Bee - My Love
47. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Is This Love?
48. Daedelus - Fair Weather Friends
49. The Ting Tings - Great DJ
50. Cansei de Ser Sexy - Let's Make Love and Listen to Death from Above
51. Islands - Where There's a Will There's a Whalebone
52. Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Gold Lion
53. Of Montreal - Heimdalsgate Like a Promethean Curse
54. Animal Collective - Lion in a Coma
55. Starfucker - Medicine
56. Architecture in Helsinki - Debbie
57. Justice - DANCE
58. Spank Rock - Bump
59. Black Kids - I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend How to Dance with You

No comments: