17 July 2009

Music

I think I said at some point that I had more time to listen to music now. I think that was either a very brief moment or just a lie. Cause I haven't had time... Until tonight. I got new speakers (mine had no bass after a going away party in Oregon - probably fitting for a final dance party to blow out the speakers). And so I have had new music on shuffle for the last few hours. A few quick thoughts:

Bowerbirds - Upper Air: Northern Lights consistently puts me in a good mood. I don't have very strong opinions about the rest of the album, but I could probably listen to that one song for an album-worth of time. Does that count?
Fanfarlo - Resevoir: I hadn't really heard anything about this prior to my listen. So I had no expectations (good or bad) going into it. I had my new music on shuffle and found myself checking to see what band it was when these songs came on. I take that as a good thing.
Gossip - Music for Men: I do not know if this is really "music for men," as I have yet to hear any man's opinion. But a local radio station has been playing Heavy Cross fairly often, and I find myself liking it more and more. Also, it's a nice sort of "reminds me of home" kind of feeling to hear a Portland band on an LA radio station.

There may be more later, as I have a billion other new-to-me albums to get through.

1 comment:

Matt said...

I randomly bought The Gossip "Live in Liverpool" a year ago and it rocks!