28 July 2009

Music

Most recent musical obsession:

Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros - Up From Below: This is such an awesome album. I had never heard of them until a friend mentioned the band in passing and then invited me to see them live a few days later. Since then, whenever iTunes is on shuffle and one of these songs pops up, I am instantly reminded of how much I love this band. The energy is amazing. In concert, they have such a fun presence, as if it's just a big party on stage - one that I would have loved to be a part of. One that I sort of felt I was a part of because of the ease with which the crowd was involved in the live show. A capella moments felt so rich. When an instrument wasn't in use, the band member would just sing and dance and remain completely involved in the music. And the music itself is fabulous. I'm a sucker for full sounds - but even when the instrumentals cut out, the vocals still excite me. If these guys play near you at all, you must see them.

No comments: