23 June 2009

Music

I'm finally having time to listen to music again! Not that I had a bad last month or so - Sasquatch Music Festival, goodbye parties, vacation, unpacking all of my stuff into my new apartment... Ok, maybe that last one hasn't been the most fun - and it's not over - but I now have time to play catch up on music that I have still been accumulating despite being too busy to listen to it.

So without further ado:
Regina Spektor - Far: I am definitely biased on this one. I have loved her music for quite a while now - went to a concert 2 hours away by myself because it was a Wednesday night and no one would go with me. This album is definitely more smooth and mellow than Soviet Kitcsh, but more similar to Begin to Hope. Sometimes almost too similar - Machine off the new album sounds just like Apres Moi from the last album. I guess if you have a good thing going, you don't want to change too much. Honestly, I enjoyed the last one, so I guess it makes sense that I enjoy this one, too.

No comments: