05 June 2009

Damned if you do... Damned if you don't.

I'm selling a lot of stuff tomorrow. I realize that I have so many things that I have never even touched in the 4 years I have lived in Oregon, so clearly they would be better off in someone else's hands. Plus the hand-me-down furniture from my mom, while super-cute, has never really been my taste. So I'm taking this as a good opportunity to lighten my load a bit before the move down I-5.

I have listed a few things on Craigslist in anticipation of the garage sale tomorrow, and I am stumped as to how I should be pricing things. I decided to price dirt-cheap because I need things to be gone and I didn't want to scare anyone away with too-high prices. I figure: people will see a really great deal and jump on it. Better scenario than: people think it costs too much do not bother following up on it. But what has happened? I have people wanting to haggle me down even lower. I want to say, "Dude, I'm selling this 9' x 6' wool rug that originally cost $150 for $25. You're ALREADY getting a deal..." So maybe I should have priced higher so that people can THINK they're getting a better deal when I drop it lower for them? That is why I hate car salesmen, though. I don't really want to be like that.

In other news, I went to get some shoes resoled only to find out that they are pretty much a loss (I should have gone in sooner, but I wore them down too much). BUT the shoe guy suggested this to me. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm excited to see if it works. Wow, my life is sad if I'm getting excited about a product called "Shoe Goo." Note to my sister: this seems like something George could be into...

2 comments:

nicole said...

keep us updated on the shoe goo... very interesting stuff!

Kate said...

Anything that "adheres to all kinds of materials" is hereby banned from my house. Things that stick to other things permanently are probably not the best combo with my four children - two of whom may actually be the spawn of Satan.