31 January 2009

Theft

A number of things have been going through my mind since I learned yesterday that someone had broken into my home.  It started with the anger about how the thief will likely erase/ditch the digital photos on my laptop that she stole, yet I care more about those than the laptop itself.  In fact, most of my thoughts have been about the sentimental and personal loss rather than the money.  The most current one is pretty ridiculous in the grand scheme of things, but it's there.  I have had the same checking account since I was 16 years old.  The bank I bank with had been open not too long, so my bank account was this simple 6 digit number.  Six easy numbers to remember in a pattern that was so nice and just flowed well.  Today I had to close that account and open a new one because of the loss of checkbooks that contain account information.  The new account number is this ridiculously long number that is nearly impossible to memorize.  And that criminal stole that from me.  She probably never even realized that she was taking an easy to remember account number from me.

Note: I say "she" because the thief came through a very small window.  So unless we had child burglars, I feel fairly certain there was at least one female involved.  That and the fact that I have make-up missing (new in the box make-up, not used make-up).

Ugh, I'm exhausted.  More than physical loss of stuff, this has taken a toll on my ability to rest well.  Four hours last night.  I'm hoping for a bit more tonight.

1 comment:

nicole said...

i'm so sorry that happened to you. that is the most violating feeling. hope things start to look up!