03 January 2009

Best of 2008 - Music/Tracks

Some people do best album lists.  I do best track lists.  I think it's probably because the list ends up as a radio show and mix-CD, so I can't really do full albums.  And probably because there is always that boring song on an album that makes me feel weird about making it one of the "best" of the year.  But tracks - that is totally doable.  So here is my best tracks of 2008, in alphabetical order by artist.

Alias - Well Water Black (Featuring Why?)
Beach House - Heart of Chambers
Beck - Gamma Ray
Blind Pilot - Poor Boy
Bon Iver - Skinny Love
Department of Eagles - No One Does it Like You
Girl Talk - No Pause
Horse Feathers - Albina
Lykke Li - I'm Good, I'm Gone
M83 - You, Appearing
Margot & The Nuclear So-and-Sos - Broadripple is Burning
Mates of State - Get Better
MGMT - The Youth
of Montreal - Wicked Wisdom
Passion Pit - Sleepyhead
School of Seven Bells - Iamundernodisguise
Sigur Ros - Gobbledigook
Thao With the Get Down Stay Down - Bag of Hammers
TV on the Radio - Family Tree
Why? - The Vowels Pt. 2

No comments: