10 January 2009

Pacific Beach

Ever wondered how the shower turns on when you pull up the little thing on the tub faucet? I hadn't either, but I know now. Thursday morning, I woke up at 6am in order to shower and leave my hotel in Pacific Beach to get to an interview at the San Diego VA hospital. I turned on the water, and everything was fine. I went to pull up on the lever to turn on the shower, and apparently this just blocks the faucet to force the water backwards, up to the shower head. However, when the tub faucet is not securely connected to the wall, the forced water instead just shoots the faucet across the tub. This is what happened to me. I reattached the faucet again, and the same thing happened.


So I called the front desk, explained the situation. Remember that is is 6am. The front desk man informed me that maintenance comes at 8am, so could I just wait until then to shower. I think to myself, "who wakes up to shower at 6am, if they could really be sleeping until 8?" Um, no, actually, I can't wait until 8am to shower. I have to leave by 7am. So he ended up giving me the key to another (much nicer) room.

On the good side, I did wake up to ocean sounds and this view.



No comments: