15 December 2008

Snow Days

You know you live in a town where it rarely snows when you see someone outside in their shorts and t-shirt scraping their car windows with a plastic hanger. That and the fact that every road is a giant sheet of ice because the town does not own salt trucks. Maybe they own one, but I haven't seen it.

My dog, though, thinks that it is a delicious treat waiting for her every time she goes outside.

Update: I saw the salt/sand truck! So perhaps our city owns at least one.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Did you tell her not to eat the yellow snow?

Kristen said...

I can picture your description of the person in the shorts/t-shirt with the hanger so clearly! These, these are the things that we all love/hate about Eugene.

nicole said...

funny - someone else just told me about a town called oregon! we'll watch for it. we leave tomorrow. glad you got home safe and hope you had a merry christmas!!