14 April 2011

Studying

Dear Industrial/Organizational Psychology,

If I cared about leadership styles and the subsequent effectiveness for an organization's success, I would have gone to school for I/O psychology instead of clinical psychology. I DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU! Why are you on my clinical psychology test in such a substantial way?

Seriously, if clinical psychologists are supposed to know about this crap, why doesn't the American Psychological Association require courses on it as part of their accreditation process for clinical psychology graduate training? Spending a few weeks cramming this stuff into my brain to regurgitate it for some exam and subsequently forget it seems like a major waste of everyone's time.

No offense, I/O psych. But I sort of hate you.

Sincerely,
Me

PS: This hatred will probably be over as soon as this test is over. 15 more hours to go...

1 comment:

nicole said...

You can do it!! i hate studying though... so I have serious sympathy!