22 April 2011

Passed!

When you get the email about your licensing exam scores, the score does not appear in the email. The email simply says that your scores are available and that you must log in (with username/password that you've surely forgotten since you signed up for the exam months ago). You click the link, realize fortunately that your username is your email and you smartly chose your password-for-all-random-things, then search through a long list of options to click on. Frustrated that you actually have to READ the links instead of having some big flashy sign saying "SCORES HERE," your heart pumps even faster. What if I didn't pass? I didn't realize I was so nervous until I had to go through a few more hoops to finally get to the page that gave me my score. Why do they do that to people? Psychologists know that the longer lag time there is in anticipation of something, the more anxiety can increase...so shouldn't the people behind a psychology licensing exam be a bit more sympathetic to that?

Anyway, I passed. It didn't say "pass" or anything like that. It just listed my score. Fortunately, I had already looked up the passing scaled score for California, so I didn't have to wait even longer, but man, if I had had to then go look up what the passing score was before really knowing...that would have been even worse.

But yay! National exam behind me. State exam left to go...

No comments: