09 June 2010

I don't own a rug...

Remember when I wrote about rugs? Well, I bought one. The first one. They shipped it to me. FedEx delivered it...to the "side door" according to their door tag. Of course, I don't actually have a side door to my apartment. The building has a side door, but that side door faces Santa Monica Blvd, which is much busier than my side street. So certainly they wouldn't leave it there, right? Well, I actually have no idea. But it's gone. Fortunately both FedEx and the company I bought the rug from were great and the company reordered a rug for me at no charge. Yesterday, I was notified, however, that in between the time that my first rug shipped, was stolen, and had to be reordered, the rug had been discontinued. I tried to see if any other vendors might have it in stock, but nope. It's unattainable. Even through eBay, which I thought was a goldmine for discontinued rugs.

So that's out. And it means I need a new one. So the old options are still on the table. Well, except I don't really like #2 and 3 anymore, so let's just focus on the green swirl rug and these new options.

Apparently it's a brighter apple green than this picture depicts. They offer swatches for $2, so if this ends up being the front runner, I think I'll get that to be sure I like the color.

3. Floral Yellow/Olive Rug


4. Stream Rug

5. West Elm Andalusia Rug

6. Argonne Rug


7. Pottery Barn Green Swirl Rug

No comments: