27 October 2008

Story #14: Deodorant

A couple of weeks ago, we had a party.  It was in honor of the first year graduate students in our program, and everyone had chipped in for a keg.  After a while, the people in our program get a little drunk, and the evening always turns into a dance party.  Always.  It was hot.  People were sweaty.  I understand this.  Everyone understands this, so I don't think anyone was being too judgmental about anyone's sweat...

So I was quite surprised when I went to the bathroom late in the night to find my deodorant sitting by the sink.  My bathroom is tiny, so I keep all of my toiletries, including deodorant, in the hall linen closet.  This means that someone actively searched for my deodorant and found it in the hall closet.  I'm assuming they used it, and then left it in the bathroom.  Granted, I'm glad I know it was used rather than just using deodorant the next day after it had been on some random person's sweaty pit the night before, but...seriously?  Who does that?  I can't think of a single person at the party I would expect to do something so gross.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Gross! Those are the kinds of people I do not want to be friends with. I mean come on, if you're really that worried about being smelly, the least you could do is ask to borrow someone else's deodorant. And yes, if asked, I would share. Friends don't let friends go stinky.