26 November 2010

Thanksgiving!

I was going to go on a day-after-Thanksgiving-hike, but turns out that my head is about to explode from all the mucus within (nice image, huh?). So instead I put up my Christmas tree and laid in bed all day. Sort of an ok way to spend a day off work. Would be better if I could breathe... I'm hoping to get rid of this thing by tomorrow, though, and take up the hiking then instead.

In the meantime, I will share my turkey day festivities with you. I hosted for a few friends, and everyone brought food to contribute to the day. I brined the turkey for the first time, using a brine recipe from Pioneer Woman. I also followed her roasting instructions, which made for way crispier skin that I usually end up with. I don't really like turkey, so I have no idea if this method was better than prior ones I've used, but my friends seemed to think the effort was worth it. I kind of think it's fun, so I'll probably do it this way again.

Anyway, here are some pics from the day:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving with your friends, but we all missed you here:( Hope you feel better. Love you!
Jill

Kristen said...

WAIT A DAMN MINUTE! Are you playing the game of 'real' life?? When did you buy yours? So much fun!!

cb said...

Ha, we ARE playing the game of "real" life. I was telling a story about the game and how much fun it was, and my friend Jessica was like, "OH MY GOD, I HAVE THAT GAME!" A friend of hers is from Oregon and gave it to her as a gift! So she went home and got it so we could play!