15 October 2009

Applying

I just applied for a job. A faculty position. I haven't been applying to too many because I was not sure what sort of job I really wanted to have, and I'm feeling very geographically particular... Basically, I didn't want a job in Laramie, Wyoming. Or Ohio. Or a number of other places. So one day, a job popped up that seemed appealing, and I did it. I applied.

And I'm suddenly excited. I sort of want to apply to more places just to see what will happen. Of course, the whole point in not applying earlier was that there were no appealing locales... But maybe? Maybe something amazing will come up - and I will be able to apply for another position. People think applying for jobs is stressful. I think it's fun. Of course, we'll see how I feel come spring if I have no job lined up...

No comments: